Intermediate / Advanced
Planted / Wabi Kusa (Japanese meaning: “something that is natural yet imperfect in which one can find beauty)
1. Betta Aquarium with cleaning system
2. Fine Mesh Grill for Smaller Soil Substrate (this replaced the original Betta aquarium grill)
3. Controsoil (10oz bag of Premium Aquarium Soil)
4. Shrimp Food
5. “Dazzle” LED (promotes plant growth)
6. Three Lead Plant Anchors (gently bend around plant stems to secure in soil
Shrimp, Plants / Aquascaping Decor are Not Included
Convert the NoClean Aquariums Self-Cleaning Betta Aquarium into a Neocaridina Shrimp tank! In addition to the Betta tank, it comes with our 3D printed (Natural PLA) mesh, grill designed specifically to work with the included, smaller sized aquarium soil (Controsoil).
Each kit comes with three lead plant anchors to help secure your plants in the soil prior to having an established root system; a pre-measured 10oz bag of premium aqua soil (Controsoil) mixed with Japanese volcanic ash. This combo helps provide vital nutrients for lush plants and helps to lower water hardness/PH which is also beneficial for plants, shrimp and in general, tropical fish!
A LITTLE ABOUT:
Neocaridina shrimp are curious invertebrates that keep very busy, whether they're foraging for food, exploring the environment or mingling with one another which makes them interesting to watch and fun aquarium pets. They come in a wide range of colors such as yellow, red, orange, blue, green, violet, black, brown etc.
- Fully decorate your aquarium before adding shrimp. You can permanently glue plants to rocks and wood with a hot glue gun, however we recommend Gorilla Glue, Super Glue Gel (yes it’s aquarium safe).
- Add height to the inner playground of your aquarium. You can use a mix of spider wood, stones, drift wood, Cholla wood etc.
- Remove the tannins in wood items by boiling them in hot water prior to use. The tannins won’t hurt your creatures however they will make the water brown / tea colored.
- For starting a shrimp colony, begin by adding two females and 1 male.
- They mix well with Bladder or Ramshorn snails which help to keep your walls clean.
Aquariums are awesome. Cleaning isn't.
That's why we designed H2Flo!
With over ten years of designing self-cleaning Betta aquariums we are excited to introduce version 3.0, specifically for shrimp. It’s twice the size, noticeably more clear and a newly designed cleaning reservoir that sucks more like a vacuum than ever before.
The self-cleaning system runs entirely on physics. Simply pour fresh water into the aquarium and dirty water flows out. There's no need to remove the shrimp, decorations or aquarium soil. Your hands won't even get wet.
There are no noisy pumps or annoying cords. No filters to buy, swap out and trash. Waste water is neatly collected in a cup making it easy to dispose or recycle as fertilizer for your plants.
Ok, here's how it really works...
Aquarium waste sinks through the included substrate to be collected in the reservoir at the bottom of the aquarium.
Every week, simply pour fresh water into the aquarium to activate the self-cleaning system. This flushes out the yucky stuff collected in the reservoir while performing a partial water change and does not disturb the beneficial bacterial your aquarium needs to stay healthy.
The system automatically stops when the water reaches the perfect level, ensuring a spill-free, mess-free experience. If needed, you'll want to clean algae from the wall with a soft, non-abrasive brush before activating the cleaning cycle. Minimize algae by keeping aquarium away from sunlight.
Polycrystal: Clearer than Glass. Shatterproof Promise!
The aquarium body is made from sturdy 3/16” PolyCrystal - which is clearer than glass yet virtually indestructible. This means the H2Flo won't shatter whether it's on the way to your home, or takes a fall inside of your home.
PolyCrystal is also better than glass because it helps insulate the water, helping to keep the aquarium temperatures steady, which your fish will appreciate.
The dimensions of the aquarium are 5" x 5" x 13.75" high. The aquarium holds about one gallon.